At this point, you have already followed one of our tutorials for deploying VyprVPN Cloud on one of our 3 supported platforms. If not, head back to one of the setup articles listed here.
This tutorial will guide you through configuring server settings. Access the admin panel by entering your server's public IP into your browser's address bar, accepting the security certificate as trusted if prompted, and entering in the credentials below. If you see a message about VyprVPN Cloud installation, the VyprVPN Cloud packages are still installing. Wait for that to complete. A manual refresh of the page may be necessary post-installation in order to reach the admin panel.
Note: The username and password are case-sensitive.
Username: admin Password: Grod42decK
First thing is first: You will need to change the admin panel password to something private and secure. Head to the System Settings section and go to the Change Password area. Enter in the current password (above) and then a new, secure password you wish to use.
Once the password is changed, you will be prompted for authentication again when navigating to another page in the admin panel. The username is still admin.
Now that you have secured the admin password, proceed to secure access to the admin portion of the server. This step is optional, but highly recommended as you should not leave admin access open to the world.
Note: If you deployed on AWS and setup a restrictive security group outlined in the AWS tutorial, you can skip this step.
- Go to the System Settings section.
- In the Allowed Admin IP Addresses section, add the desired IP address(es) from which you want to allow access. This must be in CIDR notation.
- Click Save.
Note: You will lock yourself out of the admin panel if you don't add your own IP address. If that happens, you will need to deploy VyprVPN Cloud again.
Now it's time to setup the server itself:
1. Go to the Server Overview section.
2. Submit your Golden Frog username and password where it asks for your credentials.
3. For Server name, give your server a name of your choosing. This is what will be displayed in the VyprVPN apps.
4. For IP Type choose Static or Dynamic. Static will be the most common choice and is used when the server is running on a public IP address that will not change. Use this if you are on DigitalOcean.
Dynamic is used for an IP address that may change at any time. This is useful for Virtual Box setups, where your ISP might change your IP address periodically. When you choose the Dynamic option, you won't need to enter in an IP for step 5, as it will be detected automatically and monitored for changes.
If you are using AWS to host your VyprVPN Cloud, be aware that by default your public IP will change if you power the instance off. Therefore you should choose a Dynamic for the IP Type unless you have assigned a static Elastic IP to the instance. If you assign a Elastic IP to your instance, then you are safe to use the Static IP Type.
5. The Public IP will be automatically filled for you and matches the public IP of your server.
4. Click Register server.
6. Congratulations, your VyprVPN Cloud is now live! Head over to this article for information on how to connect to your server.
If you have questions or issues with this process, please direct them to the Golden Frog Forum page for VyprVPN Cloud.
If you need any further assistance, please contact support.